Friday, November 30, 2007

Assignment # 6

My blogging experience has been very eye opening. I have never conversed like this over the internet. The farthest I've gone in the past is writing in my friends' facebook walls and IMing people over AIM. I had a lot of fun researching different movie related topics with news stories on the internet as well as writing reviews of films I had watched. I love creative writing like that, so this was more than just a homework assignment for me, it was fun. I did not dislike anything about the whole experience. 

I think I chose this topic at a great time in the Boston film industry. The streets have been full of celebrities lately and being able to cover it has been really fun. 

My admiration for citizen journalism and blogs have grown. I read a lot of other people's blogs from class and have found other movie related blogs that I have kept up with over the past few months. I think my liking of blogs will only continue to grow from here on out. 

I did share my blog with my family and friends. Of course my parents and grandparents thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread and complimented me many times over on it. Some of my friends read it, but of course we're in a day in age where people are obviously more into what they're doing and could care less. But that is fine, because I had a great time working on it. I think I'll continue my blog throughout the coming months, but not to the extent of what its been like for the class. Hopefully I'll do the occasional movie review and maybe when Oscar season roles around and I don't have a "real job" yet (I'm graduating!) I'll polish up my writing skills by covering awards season. 

All in all, I have had a great experience with the blogging assignment. It has taught me a lot about citizen journalism, and myself in general. I think my creative writing skills have improved and hopefully my somewhat witty comments caused few chuckles out there in cyberspace. Stay tuned for more...

No comments: